Everyone can write an article but when it comes to writing an SEO Optimized Article, It becomes hard for many writers.
Articles are the heart of any blog and it can take months or even years to master SEO Optimized Copywriting Skills.
But there is a thin line between Optimizing & Over-optimizing your article.
If you over-optimize your article then it will never give you any results.
Now you might think, How you can Optimize (not over-optimize) your articles to rank higher in SERPs?
So here we are going to share some important copywriting tips that anyone can use to write an SEO Optimized Content.
What Is SEO Optimized Article?
SEO Optimized Article means The articles that are written and optimized in a way for search engines to rank higher on SERPs.
It will help you to rank high on SERPs and get traffic to your blog.
And getting more traffic to your blog means more revenue you will generate.
Research On Your Targeted Keyword
Researching your target keyword is one of the most important parts of SEO Optimized Article or Copywriting.
There are several steps you can follow to research your target keyword to Write An SEO Optimized Article.
- Type of posts ranking on the top 10
- Find the length of top 5 ranking articles
- Analyze the top 5 articles
- Find the search intent
1. Type Of Posts Ranking On The Top 10
To find what kind of posts ranking on the top 10. Simply search for your target keyword on Google.
You will find some similarities and patterns that everyone is following to rank higher.
In our case, we found that they all are using “Numbers + Focus Keyword” at the beginning of their Meta Title.
So we have to follow and write the meta title of our post in the same pattern.
For example, 19 Best Google Tools For Marketers [Updated 2020]
Apart from that, try to find out what type of contents are ranking in the top 10.
Is this a List Post or a Case Study or anything else. Once you find it, try to write a similar type of article.
2. Analyze The Length Of The Top 5 Ranking Articles
To find the length of the top 5 articles that are currently ranking on Google, Simply open the first posts and copy its content and paste it in WordCounter.net
It will show you the exact word count of that blog post.
Repeat the step to find word counts of the top 5 ranking articles.
Calculate the average word count for the top 5 ranking articles and try to write an article of a similar length.
3. Analyze The Top 5 Articles
Analyzing the top articles means to read all the top 5-8 articles and outline the pros & cons of those articles.
Once you are done, Now try to write an article that has all the pros of other articles and try to relegate the cons and add some extra value.
Make sure to write it by your self. Do not copy it from anywhere.
4. Find The Search Intent
Search intent means what is the actual goal of any user behind searching for any particular keyword.
Let’s understand it through an example.
If anyone is searching for “Bluehost Login” that means they are searching this keyword to login to their Bluehost account.
If you will write an article on Bluehost Login, that is never going to rank on Google.
Because Google serves the result on the basis of Search Intent that what a person is actually trying to achieve.
So before writing a blog post on any keyword, at first find out the search intent of a user.
Use Your Target Keyword Properly
Using your Target Keyword properly isn’t an easy task but here we are going to guide you on how and where to use your focus or target keyword.
1. Meta Title: Use your target keyword at the beginning of the Meta Title of your article. Meta Title is the title of your post that Search Engines shows on SERPs.
2. Post Title: Use your target keyword in your Post Title. Post Title is visible to your readers only when they visit your site.
3. Meta Description: Do not forget to add your target keyword to the Meta Description of your article. If it’s possible, use synonyms and LSI keywords in your meta-description as well.
4. Permalink: Your permalink should be precise and short. And use your focus keyword on permalink without any stop words like “a”, “an”, etc.
5. Sub-Headings: Use your focus keyword in sub-headings (H2, H3, H4) of your article.
6. Article Body: Try to use your focus keyword at least once at the beginning (Under 100 Words) of your article.
7. Image Alt Attributes: Google bots can’t see an image but they use Image Alt Attribute to understand what this image is all about.
8. Name Of Image Before Uploading: Many peoples directly upload the images without renaming it. That’s a big mistake. Try to rename your images relevant to what actually showing on the images before uploading it.
9. Interlinking: Interlinking is a great way to drive traffic to your other posts. Whenever you post any new article, make sure to interlink your old articles that are relevant to your new post.
Use LSI Keywords For SEO Copywriting
LSI Keywords are one of the major factors behind SEO Copywriting.
Google uses LSI Keywords to identify your content deeply. LSI Keywords can dramatically help you to boost organic traffic.
Using LSI Keyword on your posts is one of the best practices you can follow to Write SEO Optimized Content.
Include People Also Ask Questions In Your Article
When you will search anything on Google you might have noticed that Google also shows us a section “People Also Ask“.
These are the questions that peoples are actually searching for.
Make sure to include a few of them that are related to your article and also answer people’s queries.
Use Shorter Paragraphs
Using longer paragraphs can make your article hard to read and visitors will bounce back from your content.
Nobody likes to read a bunch of text. Use short paragraphs to break your content into small pieces.
It will make your content more readable and your visitors will spend more time on your site.
Use Rich Media
Those days have gone when people used to read longer text content. Now peoples love to see and observe anything to understand or learn something.
And using rich media on your content is a great way to reduce bounce rate and increase time spent on your site.
Rich media refers to Image, Video & Audio. Use rich media to increase the readership of your site.
Write Plagiarism Free Article
Plagiarism means copied content from anywhere that is already been indexed by Google or any search engine.
This is the most important part of writing an SEO Optimized Article.
Yes, you can take inspiration from other blog posts that are ranking but do no copy anything.
Write it on your own because Google loves quality content that provides some value to visitors instead of plagiarised content.
Link Out To Other Sources
As we all know, Backlinks are an important part of Off-Page SEO Strategy.
But linking out to other sources that can benefit your visitors is also an important part of SEO Copywriting.
But make sure if you are not sure about the authority of the content, then use a nofollow tag.
Write content for your visitors, not for the search engines.
Let’s understand this statement from a simple example.
Just assume, You have optimized your content for search engines. You are now ranking #1 on your targeted keyword.
But when visitors are actually visiting your site, they are just pressing the back button and not reading your article.
And what do you think? what it tells to Google or any other search engines?
It simply means your content is not helpful and ultimately you will lose your ranking.
So focus on the long-term vision & provide more value to your visitors.
I have tried my best to cover as much as I know. If you have any other ideas that you want to share with us, please comment down below.
I will be more than happy to read your ideas.
And share this with everyone if you have learned anything new from this article.
- I am Rohit Singh. I am a Blogger, Digital Marketer & Founder of ProBloggingWorld and other blogs. Read More
- Hosting Reviews & Comparisons2020.03.29SiteGround vs. A2 Hosting  – The Best Amongst Them.
- Blogging Guide2020.03.14How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog? [7 Easy Steps]
- WordPress Guide2020.03.05Rank Math SEO Plugin Easy Setup Guide For Beginners In 2020.
- Blogging Guide2020.02.14How To Start A Blog In 2020? [Beginners Guide]